Monday, August 1, 2022

 My Father's House: A Story By Brother David


There was a very wealthy man. No one really knew His name, but people noticed a very unique type of confidence in Him. Very kind, humble man. He treated everyone with respect, He showed no favoritism. If He saw a need, He offered His help, even when some did not accept it. Neighbors wanted know how He became so wealthy, not monetarily, but His personality. They saw Him to be out of the ordinary, not from around here, but He did not make himself to be known that way, but He made everyone feel safe.

They would try to initiate worldly topics to get His perspective on what He thought of the world. He would always pause; it would look as if He wanted to weep, but He would always grin and say; All things are working together, it'll be alright. It seemed as though they didn't understand how a man in this world, would have such a vague response, but promising an answer. Some people would get frustrated, but, but some people, his responses, would make them feel better. Because of His short responses, His neighbors became more curious, so, they would just watch Him and however He would go, they would. If He was up early, they would, He worked His landscape, they would. They noticed He never hired anyone to tend to His garden or landscape; Weird, but interesting. 

They tried to figure Him out, because He did the same things every day. He never look tired, didn't seem as though He slept, He never complained, He just got every morning with a very pleasant and peaceful countenance; solid. One day a neighbor decided to take a chance and ask; How do you do it, no sweat on your brow, you never complain, you always finish at the same time, up at the same time, who are you, how  did you get so wealthy, how come you never discriminate? You don't have an alarm system, you never lock you doors, you offer you wealth if anyone is in needs and never ask for anything, how?

The man smiled and just responded, it's just who I Am, I can't change that. The neighbor looked with confusion, in His mind he thinks, this guy is not human. How can anyone compete with that. The neighbor also thinks, I'm going to watch and learn, maybe one day I'll be able to reach such peace and maturity. He walks away feeling a little unsatisfied, but hopeful. He did not know really how to communicate his interaction with the Man, to the other neighbors. 

One day the Man is walking in town and noticed a very attractive person, not in an sexual way, but in a way of familiarity. He stop the person and asked, do I know you? The person responds, no, do I know you? The Man ask what's your father's surname and your mother's maiden name? The person response with the names, but is not sure who the father is, but raised by the mother. The Man responds, well I might be your father. You have some very familiar attributes that are common in my family, that is what attracted me to you. You're not from around are you? the Man ask. No, the person responds. I have been traveling for a long time trying to find my way. I have had a hard trying to fit it. I've gotten in trouble so many times, I feel as If I don't know anything. I have been hurt, I have hurt people, I have children I can't provide for and family members has disowned me. I came here hoping to find myself and start over, where no one knows me. It might be hard because of my background, but I am willing to do anything to make a change, if someone would give me a chance.

The Man responds to person as says, I have a House on the Hill; as a matter of fact you can see it from here. You see all those home up there, the one in the middle is my House. The person ask, what are some type of billionaire? and The Man, chuckles and responds, No, I'm just Me, just Me. The person had some reservations about going with the Man, but for some reason felt safe and familiar with Him. The person ask with enthusiasm, you have an opportunity for me? The Man responds, don't be anxious, just follow me, Oh and whatever you have,  give to charity, you won't be needing them anymore. But, the person responds, what? This all I have, the Man responds, you won't need them, you'll have everything you need when you get to my House. The person responds, okay, whatever you say, I'll do, you're the boss; are you? 

In the person's mind, they're thinking thank you god, if there is one. Nope, maybe this is just some coincidence, maybe my luck is changing. Wait a minute, my luck ran out and I ran into bad luck a long time ago. The Man turns around and smiles, the person, looks down, wondering if the man heard his thoughts. The persons, then looks around and see how there was so many people just going about their way, no one had spoken to him, but this very mysterious man. Wait a minute!!, the person stops, The Man turns around and says you can trust me. Everyone knows me, everyone can see my House, what I do, who comes and goes. I don't hide myself from anyone, so you can trust, if something happens to you, everyone will know. For some reason, that made sense to the person. They continued walking. 

The person was so excited, anxious and thought; I gave up everything to follow this Man, so this better work out. I don't have anywhere else to go. The person wanted to pray, but lost hope in praying a long time ago. If God was listening, He's listening to me, the person thinks. But, maybe this Guy, will change everything. I'm going to do everything right this time, I ain't going to mess this up, if He really gives me a chance, the person says. I wonder if He is my Father, I do kinda favor Him. Boy, if He is, I've got a lot to tell Him, there's a lot He needs to know and I wanna know, Why? Why did't you never reach out or come see me? Maybe my life would be different, if you would've just tried.

They make it to the House, but as they walk up, the person notice all the beautiful things, everything was perfect. The person ask, who does all your landscaping? The Man response, I do, but I'm looking for persons to help make it more beautiful. What do you mean? the person responds and ask. The Man answers, All this was created not just for me. I envisioned how this would be and all that would enjoy it. The neighbors love, they learn from it, in their own way, but they do. Anyway, this is not all for me, but persons like you.

So, let us sit down and reason together. Tell Me all about yourself, everything the Man requested? The person responds, is this some type of interview? If it is, I really don't know where to start, because I'm not sure what job I'm interviewing for. The Man responds, just start from the beginning and we'll decide what you have been qualified for, I don't what you to hold back anything. Tell me everything, The Man says to the person.

The person talked until evening. They share so many emotions, disappointments, hurts and descriptions of hurts and how they hurt others. The person cried, laughed, groaned, pound their fist, walked in circles, scream, mumbled some things. But most of the time, talked, head down in shame. While talking, the person noticed, The Man sharing in some of the emotions, The Man cried, smile and shook His head, but mostly listened, listened with so much patience. The person, at one point thought, this Guy really knows how to listen, He never cut me off, He must really understand what I have been through. Father maybe, nah, daddies don't care that much.

The person finished and realized that, after all that The Man was sitting right there with so much peace on His Face. The person ask; How can you have so much peace after all of that, you been through this before? No, The Man answers, but I do know someone who's been through worse. Come on let's go inside, you should be hungry. The person realized they had talked for more than six hours and never felt hungry and didn't realize that much time had passed.

When they got in the House, the food was already prepared, like a feast, everything was on the table ready to be eaten. Like something out of a masterpiece, the table so perfect and there was enough for hundreds of people. The person could hear the beautiful sound of a harp playing in the background.  The person felt at home, but even more, they felt special. But, their doubts started to set in. They wondered where is all this going? But they felt so comfortable, at peace, as if this was all meant to be. Just out of the blue, all this in, one moment in time, when I spent my whole life looking, feels like I have made it. Nah, too good to be true!

So, the person turns to The Man and ask; Who are You? Tell me about yourself, I told you everything about me. The Man responds, I Am your Father. Wait!! Before you get upset. Before, I didn't know you. Your mother did not let me know, well she did not give you to me. But, I always felt connected to you. My thoughts towards were that you prosper, never for you to be hurt. I know I have many children out there, they just don't know me and I haven't had the chance to get to know them. That is why I created this House for all those who look for me.

There's no coincidence you came to this town, this House, you're my child, always have been. Because of my thoughts towards you, you were able to get through those rough experiences you had. Everything you shared, I shared with you, even when you thought you were alone. You're always on my mind. The person ask, if you didn't know about me, how could I be on your mind? The Man responds, Your mom kept you from me, your situations pushed further away, but because of Who I Am, My Love kept you. I love everyone, care for everyone, I  gave and would give everything for everyone, so when I have thoughts, I think about everyone and especially those who may seek me. You are here because you were seeking help and we found each other. 

The Man say; If persons  would think like me and humble themselves and turn from their wicked ways and seek help, they will be forgiven and healed, but persons just don't know how. So, I wait until they cannot take this world anymore. I'm patient. I don't operate in time. So, I keep my House the landscaping, my table ready and lights on, so when persons like yourself show up, everything is prepared. 

On the Land, everything is ready for you, you can bring yourself and everyone you love here. There's room for everyone. Everything has been paid for, all the space belongs to you. All you have to do is take care of what's yours and everything else will be and is taken care of. Now, if you choose, you can go and share with others, what you have learned, what you have found, who you have become. That you have found yourself and everything you been looking for, with no strings attached. The person thinks, nah to good. He looks at the Man and sees sincerity, truth and righteousness in His eyes. The person takes a deep breath, let's go of all the emotions and everything that was associated with their past. Runs to the Man, hugs Him, waits and notices an immediate embrace, but not just a hug, but safety, refuge, wings of protection, shelter and peace. All person's fears were gone. The person felt, Power, Love and finally a Sound Mind.

The person lets go; I gonna tell everybody I know, but will they listen, I don't care, I'm telling everyone. The Man says, slowdown, learn more of me and yourself. But, you can be what you have become to them. Be change for them and when anyone ask, then tell them what you have found. If they don't believe, you believe and keep being yourself. My thoughts towards each person, with draw them, but you can tell them, by the fruit you bare. Don't try too hard, My thoughts  will increase them. Remember I love everyone and care for everyone. You and I can work together in sharing how great living in this House can be. Person? Yes, the person responds; You're saved, safe, justified. You don't have to worry about the condemnation you felt before. You can now move forward in your life, nothing will hold you back other what you think of yourself. Since you have found me, nothing or no one should be able to hurt. Let nothing separate you from what you have found. The person ask, How and Why? The Man responds, Love.

Person? The Man says to get the person's attention;  You are in your Father's House rest for now, let's talk again in the morning. Everything will be same as it today, tomorrow and from now on. Stay close to the things of this house and you will never have to worry again. However, because of where you are from, you will have concerns, but always remember this experience, My Love will always be there. Rest

The person pauses and realizes, I'm in My Father's House and lies down and sleeps like never before. The person wakes up, enthused about what else to learn. Thinks, I'm home finally.


No comments:

Post a Comment